Saturday, April 21, 2012

sleeping in...a thing of the past

Sleeping in has long been a thing of the past for me. Long gone are the days of sleeping until 1 in the afternoon. I have come to accept it as my new reality. When Isabella was small we would get up at 8 which is totally doable. Now, with Mr.Donato we get up at 6ish everyday. That's a tad early, but again doable. I never thought I'd see the day where I would not sleep until at least noon. It feels like just yesterday. Now, I don't think I could sleep till noon if I tried! When Isabella was small and she would have a sleep over we would be impressed if we slept until 9:30. Donato hasn't slept away from me since he was born but I would imagine I'd be up by 8 in his absence.

Let me preface this statement with, I know I sound like my mother. But I feel like the whole day is wasted away if I sleep too late. As a mom, there are just so many things that need to be done. If you sleep in you loose at least 2 hours of precious time. Time that can be used in an insurmountable number of ways. If this mommy didn't get up in our house Donato would still be in his crib, Isabella would eat candy for breakfast and Bronx would still be barking at the door to go out. So next time you are tired from getting up early think about all you accomplish while everyone else sleeps. Think about what wouldn't happen if you stayed sleeping. It's nice to feel needed.

And if Dad slept in...well that's a story for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment