Saturday, April 14, 2012

Through a Gigi's eyes

We are so blessed to still have my Grandma (Gigi) around. She has been spoiling me my whole life but my kids get all her love ten fold. When my sister and I were small my Grandma was still working so she enjoyed us but not as much as she enjoys my kids. She doesn't work anymore, maybe one day a week for bingo money but can ya blame a gal?

She wants to be with my kids any chance she gets. She drives to our house 1 or 2 days a week, 45 minutes one way to see them. It started out her coming because I needed help with the baby but he's now 10 months old and she's still coming. I don't know who is happier to see who when she arrives, the kids or Gigi.

I love to watch her watch them. They truly make her happy. She gets such a kick out of the quirky things Isabella says. You can tell how much she loves them and that makes me happy. I feel like I have given her a gift, I guess there is no better gift then great-grand children. She is so proud of them. All the ladies at Bingo know who Isabella and Donato are and are always asking her about them. She shows their pictures off every week. Every now and again the kids and I make a guest appearance at Bingo on Monday night. You would think a celebrity walked in the way people flock around the kids. I actually had someone stop me in the grocery store and say hi to Isabella. The woman recognized her from a picture Gigi had shown her.

Lots of people have grand kids but how many people have great-grand kids? It's like a bonus God gives to people. I have so many fond childhood memories of my Grandma. I hope my kids will have those same memories of her. They all get so much joy from being around each other. I hope this can continue for many more years. There are many more memories for Isabella and Donato to make with their Gigi.


No comments:

Post a Comment