Thursday, January 5, 2012

good morning sunshine

I love walking into Donato's room to see a happy smiling baby. The look they give you is an indescribable one. I love feeling so needed. He is truly happy to see me. It's rare that you get looks like that from people. You gotta love your kids for being able to do that for you. It's kind of like a re-payment for taking care of them. It's their way of saying thank you.

Babies have a great knack for telling you things without saying a word. They give you looks, smiles and coos or in other cases, wines, screams and cries. It's amazing how they can communicate without speaking any actual words. You never really think about it, but it's amazing how you know what they need without them telling you.

Then you have the older child "good morning" or not so good morning in some cases. It can go one of two ways. In our house it's like this, they come in your room and wake you up or you have to go in their room to wake them up. I love when Isabella comes in my room in the morning with her raspy voice and wild amazon woman hair. She sees that we're still sleeping and oh so kindly goes downstairs and turns on the tv. She reminds me of myself. If I wake up before everyone else I sneak downstairs to have some peace and quite before all the crazy begins. I love how much she like me!

I'm not looking forward to next year when I will have to wake up for school. Now I know how my mom felt when she had to get my sister and I up. No parent wants to do it. They spend the first 5 years of the child's life wanting them to sleep in then all of a sudden you have to wake them up! Craziness to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment