Monday, March 5, 2012

Prayers for my little man

You would think that things would be easier the second time around. But, nope not at all. I know I've said this before and I'm gonna keep on saying it, ignorance is bliss. This morning I had to do one of the hardest things a mother can do, walked Donato into surgery.

My happy go lucky baby is going to wake up one unhappy little man. I know this is necessary but it doesn't make it any easier. He fought the anesthesia and would not fall asleep. But I was there to hold his hand and sing his favorite song, Someone Like You by Adele. I managed to keep it together until I walked out of the operating room. It was then I lost it. What is the purpose of having a cleft lip and palate? I can't think of anything. God works in very mysterious ways, because I see no good coming from a cleft. No good comes from lots of things this one is just close to my heart.

As I sit here in the waiting room waiting for Donato I noticed these other paretns who were both teary eyed. You never want to ask what is going on but I assumed it was a child they were waiting for. A nurse comes out and tells them they just made the incision and proceeds to talk about putting a pump in her heart. The mother begins to cry and assures her that her baby is in good hands. Suddenly Donato's issues don't seem so major. I always tell myself it could be worse and for those parents it is. Prayers for their little girl.

I ask all who read this to keep Donato and Dr.Podda in their thoughts and prayers this morning. May god guide Dr.Podda hands as her operates on my little man.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel Danielle. :( Last time I had to take Zachary in for surgery I had to do it by myself and Zachary told me he was scared. I held on until I got into the waiting room and then I turned to look out the window so noone would see the tears on my cheeks. All I can say is, "... but this happened so the work of God may be displayed in his life."
    XO

    ReplyDelete