Sunday, March 18, 2012

think you're alone now...

I recently read an article about having a child with special needs. Which is what lead me to write this blog. This is something I have been feeling for a long time now but never talk about. Having a baby with any kind of issue makes you feel very isolated from the world.

People always ask how are things going and may be sincere in asking, but eventually stop asking or just ask because it's the right thing to do. It feels horrible to feel so alone in something that should bring people together. Trust me it's no fun having to stay home because your kid had surgery or miss out on things because you don't want people starring at your baby.

You don't want to really tell your friends what's going on or how things are really going because you don't want to drown them in your problems. It feels awful as a mother to have to lie. You just tell them things are going great when in reality your child was up all night screaming.

The following is not necessarily personal to me but just a general statement. People often asking if there is anything I can do let me know. Well, yes there is something you can do. People never want to inconvieance you so they never ask. It makes us feel weird. So just give them a call and offer! Just say, "Hey I was thinking about coming by what's a good time?" Don't give them an optioin just say I'm coming over! Trust me they want you there and no you are not bothering them.

I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck in the house with one of the kids, feeling so alone because they were having issues with their NAM or cranky from a recent surgery. I would of loved for someone to say they were gonna stop by. It's nice for someone to come over and break up they day and talk about something other then your life's draining issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment