Tuesday, March 6, 2012

quick update

It was 9:50 at night and I finally broke down and let them give him morphine for the first time since this the recovery room. He didn't seem like he was in pain but they told me it would help him sleep. Finally he rested peacefully in his own bed and Mommy and Daddy were able to get some sleep throughout the night.

I'd say he slept about 6 hours in total in his own bed. Which I am very happy with. I expected alot worse but he proved me wrong. In this case I am more then happy to be wrong! We played alot with his toys and 2 plastic spoons I got from the cafeteria this morning. As usual the spoons were a big hit. I think that tired him out because he is finally sleeping again without being held. And that didn't come a minute too soon because I think our arms were about to fall off!

We're just waiting now for Dr.Podda to come in and discharge us so we can go home! He doesn't seem to be in much pain, which I'm thankful for. Thank you all for your prayers! As far as I'm concerned the worst is behind us...onto a life surgery free for a few years :) (knock on wood)

Here's a picture of the little guy...I'll get a better one once his IV is out and he gets all cleaned up!

No comments:

Post a Comment