Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thank you Tessa

Yesterday I participated on a family panel at my children's cleft team. We spoke for a group of students studying to be speech pathologists. I was lucky enough to meet a beautiful 16 year old girl who was born with a bclp. The wisdom and maturity this young woman had was far beyond her years. She told the audience that she was once asked if she could go back and be born without her cleft would she. Her answer was no. She told us that it has made her who she is today, it has taught her so many things that many people will never know. It brought tears to my eyes hearing her speak. I worry everyday about my daughter and meeting Tessa made me feel so much more at ease. My daughter is going to be okay and grow up to be a normal teenage girl, worried about all the usual teenage girl things. :) Thank you Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment