Monday, October 17, 2011

Donato's new smile

Donato had his lip repair this morning and did great. He was in the amazng hands of Silvio Podda, who I feel gets better and better with each surgery he performs. Dr. Podda said he was very pleased with the outcome. Donato is still swollen and in some pain but I know he is going to make it through like a real trooper. Me on the other hand is another story. I remember this with Isabella, I will be sitting here and my eyes well up with tears. It's so hard to see your baby in pain.

It really makes you wonder why God does this to little people. Why make such innocent little babies go through such things. I get people need to get sick, but if someone has to be sick, make it the adults, they can handle it. Sitting here in this hospital makes me thankful that a cleft lip and palate is all we have to deal with. I cannot even begin imagine what some of other kids and parents are going through. I pray everyday my children are healthy. I am so thankful for that.

People often take life for granted. Life is so precious, it's a gift. Take care of it, nurture it and most of all be kind. You never know what someone is going through. Just try to give someone an unexpected smile or hold the door for them. If they don't smile back or say thank you, you at least know you did your good deed for the day.

I will post a picture of Donato's new smile later on in the week. He is still swollen and looks like he got sucker punched, poor little guy! But he is fine, I'm fine, we will over come this and come out being stronger, more loving and compassionate people. I know I have to be his rock, so I'm putting on my big girl pants and staying strong for my little man.

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I read these I get all teared up! You are such an amazing person Danielle!

    -andrea :)

    ReplyDelete