Friday, October 28, 2011

blow outs...and i'm not talking tires

Why is it that babies blow out their diapers at the most in-opportune times? When Donato does it, he does it good! Last night I just wanted him to go back to sleep but he was really fussy. That seems to be the in thing these days. Staying up all night. But that aside, I heard him poop. Ok, great, I'm thinking, that's why he was fussy. So when he's done doing his business I go to change him. Sure enough, poop up the back. So far up the back I just threw his onesis out with the diaper. Now I've got to get him butt naked and change his whole outfit. At this point he's super awake and not wanting to go back to sleep. Grrrr

Or when they do it in the mall and you have to change them on that dirty rotten poop crusted changing station. Or and even better one when you are at a restaurant and they don't even have the dirty rotten changing station and there's poop so far up the back it's touching the nape of their neck!

A little poopie side note: We were at Ikea the other day and he pooped, not a blow out but poop none the less. I walk into the changing room they have there. There is 2 stations side by side with paper to cover the part they lay on. I put his changing pad on top of the paper and begin to change him. Then I begin smelling the 1,000 other poopie diapers that fill the garbage beside me. I swear it must of been a busy pooping day at Ikea. They even had hand sanitizer and diapers, so why not provide poop bags for the diapers like you have for dogs? Seems they have almost thought of it all.

So all you Mommies out there who read my blog, please leave a comment on this post about your poopie stories. I could use a good laugh today!

1 comment:

  1. I know this was a while ago, but I had to comment. Elliot was one of those babies that didn't poop everyday. It always freaked me out, but the doctor said it wasn't a big deal. But when he did go? He would have a blowout like 99.9% of the time! One time, I was hanging out a coffee shop with him and I decided to pick him up out of the car seat. Wanted to hold him and show him off a little, I guess. haha. Well, when my hand went behind his back to grab him, sure enough, my hand was now covered in yellow poop! In the middle of a coffee shop! So gross. And every time I put him in a cute and new outfit? Oh yes, he would ruin it. haha. But they are just too cute - you easily forget all about the stress of it. Btw- Donato is absolutely adorable! So handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete