Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stupid stupid insurance companies!

I have never been more frustrated with something more in my life! Donato needs a helmet, which is totally fine with me. We went to the top place to go to, Cranial Technologies. That's all they do all day long is helmets. They were all super nice and we all felt confident that this was the place to be. Then later that week their insurance coordinator called me and informed me that my insurance doesn't cover it...at all. So they referred me to another place. This place does orthopedics and prosthetics. The surgeon says this is their second choice, we will get the same outcome. I think he has to sat that and cannot just come out and say this place sucks!

I don't feel that this is the best place for my son. But it's $1,800 cheaper then Cranial Technologies so of course the insurance company thinks this is the place to go! This place offers a larger, heavier helmet. I am in tears over this. I know it is just a helmet and I'm being silly but, we all want the best for our kids. It's so frustrating that this mother fu*^%$g (excuse the language) insurance company can tell me who to go to! How do they know! I pay over a thousand dollars a month for insurance, I think I should be able to make my own decision when it comes to my sons well being! So it's either cough up $3,800 for the "good" helmet or settle for the helmet that the insurance will pay for. They say money doesn't buy happiness, but let me tell you it sure would make life a hell of a lot easier!

I couldn't tell you the last time I cried but today it's all I want to do. I don't know if it's the anticipation of his surgery on monday or what but I'm a hot mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment