Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nap time

Isn't it always the case that you put the baby down for a nap with the intention to do a million things only to have them wake up after only sleeping for a half hour! It never fails. Then there are always those days where they bless you with a 3 hour nap. But it's so out of character for them you are checking in on them every half hour. I don't know if you all experience this but I sure as hell do. Today was one of those days that Donato took a 3 hour nap. I was able to get a million things done I've been trying to do for weeks. I sure do love these days!

Having such productive days makes me feel like a normal human being again. I feel empowered, like super mom. Then comes tomorrow when he will be catnap charlie again. Nothing will get done, the dishes will pile up & I will be back to square one. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place. You want them to stay little forever but at the same time it's a pain in the butt to have to stop every 3 or so hours to feed them. You're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Like, do you start a project only to be stopped in a half hour? Or do you go balls to the walls, in hopes today will be one of the days they take a 3 hour nap. Oh the trials and tribulations that is motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment